Are you thinking of choosing The Oakwood Academy for your child? Here at The Oakwood Academy, we understand that deciding where to further your child’s education is a big decision for parents and carers. If you are considering sending your child to The Oakwood Academy and would like to visit us to see the school 'in action', please contact the PA to the Headteacher on 0115 953 9323 ext. 7150 or email email@example.com to organise a tour with one a member of our Senior Leadership Team to see what The Oakwood Academy has to offer and explore our website.
In Year Admissions
The Oakwood Academy co-ordinates all in-year admission applications. Applications for Year 7 are co-ordinated by the Local Authority until 31 December each year. After that time, applications become in-year admissions.
If you are looking to apply for a place at The Oakwood Academy, please complete our online in-year admission application form (found at the bottom of this page).
Parents/Carers will be notified of the decision within no more than 15 school-days.
If you would like to arrange a visit to The Oakwood Academy or require more information about the in-year application process, please contact the PA to the Headteacher Tel 0115 953 9323 ext 7150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an application for an in-year place has been refused, parents/carers have the right to appeal this decision. Appeals must be submitted within 20 school days of receipt of the decision letter. Appeals should be submitted in writing to the PA to the Headteacher or by email to: email@example.com
Year 7 Intake September 2024
Applications for Year 7 places for September 2024 should be made to the Nottingham City Council Admissions.
Admissions Application Timeline - September 2023
- Week commencing 5 September 2022 – information on the application process distributed to all Year 6 children.
- Monday 12 September 2022 – online and telephone application facilities open.
- Midnight 31 October 2022 – closing date for submission of applications
- Wednesday 1 March 2023 – National Offer day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Wednesday 22 March 2023 - Deadline for admission appeals. Appeals should be made in writing to The Headteacher's PA, The Oakwood Academy, Bewcastle Road, Warrenhill, Nottingham, NG5 9PJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission appeal hearings to be held on Wednesday 10 May 2023
- 31 December 2023 – waiting lists ceases to be maintained by the Admissions and Transport Team
Please see below copies of our Admissions Policy for the academic year 2022/2023, 2023/2024 which include our Oversubscription Criteria. The policies can also be found within our Documents and Policies Page